The Indian Registration Administrator is available for Registry during regular business hours from Monday to Friday.

Indian Registry includes:  Registering a birth or death  for Indian Status, Changing your name in the Indian Register, Recording an event (marriage, birth date correction, etc.), Obtaining a Status Card, and answering any of your Registry questions.


If you are looking to obtain your status card, please phone the band office (807) 755-5526, ahead of time to ensure that the IRA is available.  Please also bring a picture to be placed on the status card. 

BAND MEMBERS do not have to pay an administrative fee to obtain your status card, please bring a picture and phone ahead of time.  If you are renewing your card, please bring the old card with you.  Children under 12 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign the card on their behalf and all children also must have a picture on their card.  Children between the ages of 12 and 14 have the option of signing their own card or have their parent of guardian sign on their behalf.

NON – BAND MEMBERS must pay a $10.00 administrative fee, must bring a picture AND two forms of ID (one ID must have a picture and signature, SIN cards are not accepted).  PLEASE phone ahead of time for authorization from your band.  Status cards for Non-Band Members will take longer to make since their band must be contacted.


People wishing to register their children as a Status Indian must come to the office to obtain a Statement of Parents and an Application for Indian Status for Children (Under 18 years).  You need a Long Form Birth Certificate (Statement of Live Birth) if your child was born in Ontario; the original must now be sent to Toronto (copies will be sent back to you and the Registration will not be completed), then will be sent back to you by registered mail.  Please present the IRA with all the required documents for the registration to be completed.


The new Secure Certificate of Indian Status (Plastic Status Card) is now available only to First Nations within 75 km of the US Border and with a total population of 750 or more.  I will notify the community when the cards will be available to Eagle Lake.  This card will be considered as a valid form of ID for crossing the US border by land.

What you need:  An ORIGINAL birth certificate – This document must be scanned in colour for the application to be processed.

The cards will no longer be made at the Band Office.  The application, holder’s signature, birth certificate scan, and picture will be taken at the Band Office and the application will be sent and processed at the headquarters in Ottawa.  The card will be sent via registered mail to the applicant.  This process will take about two weeks.


Those wishing to become Eagle Lake band members may do so by submitting a letter to the Band Office stating:  their current contact information, the reason they would like to transfer to Eagle Lake, their current band and band number, and their signature.

Their letter will be reviewed by the IRA and the current Chief and Council.  The Membership Code is now being developed and may be adopted in the near future.