BOOSHOO: This will be the main page for updating the overall events that is occurring within the community. This includes: the Arena, Ojibway Paradise Resort, Logging and Eagle Lake Contracting. General infrastructure is also under this portfolio, water tower and the main water distribution system.
The Top Priorities for 2013-14 are:
- Establish a community-driven Economic Development Advisory Board
The Eagle Lake First Nation Economic Department would like to invite interested members to join the Eagle Lake Development Board (ELDB). As an energetic individual, this is an opportunity to share your expertise and dedication to your community by participating in new economic and business ventures through the ELDB. Community sessions such as the ones hosted in June and August give us a shared vision of what the community wants to see in the future and we rely on the knowledge of the members to guide our direction.
- Under that Board, create an Ojibway Paradise Resort Revitalization Plan and long-term strategy to drive the restoration of the resort and plan a successful and financially-sound future.
- Create a separate legal-entity business Development Corporation
- Support of new and existing economic development projects and businesses
- Increase investment readiness
- Increase engagement with outside partners and organizations
- Incorporate the Keep the Land Sacred Declaration-
Sustainable development is vital to the integrity of Eagle Lake First Nation. Economic Development does not threaten the Land Declaration. In fact, the Land Declaration can function as a guide and a basis for economic decision making in particular for economic initiatives in natural resources.
Download the Northwest Business centre’s BizSource for Entrepreneurs HERE
Contact Devon at the Band Office at 755-5526 or email email@example.com for more information on Economic Opportunities or to discuss the 2012-16 Economic Strategy